[mythtv-users] Restarting X problem

Allen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Sat Jul 26 18:09:40 UTC 2008

Last night X would not restart again.  As suggested, I looked in the
log.  Specifically the myth frontend log.
Everything looks the same until this error:

(firefox:21941): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in
module_path: "pixmap",

It then shows up several times.

I have done a search with this and mythtv and found one reference but
it looked like the fellow was having a permanent problem.  My problem
is occasional, it usually works fine.

Searching without mythtv produces several other people lolking for a
solution to this but I didn't see any solutions proposed.  At least
not ones I understood.

Anyone know what is going on here?

Mytybuntu 8.04
Nvidia 6200