[mythtv-users] Judder woes

Rajah Chacko rajah.chacko at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 01:30:05 UTC 2008

I have built a new system and have been experiencing some bad judder with my
configuration. It seems to update the frames once every half second or so.
TV display works just fine with xawtv. It has yet to work correctly with
MythTV, but I am hopeful.

   - Hardware
      - Motherboard (Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-SH2)
         - Processor (AMD Athlon X2 64-bit 4800)
         - Chipset (780G)
         - Number of PCI slots (2)
         - Amount and speed of RAM (2 GB Crucial DDR2 6400)
      Graphics
         - Using onboard graphics
         - Displaying through VGA
         - Hard Disk
         - Interface (SATA-2)
         - Size (500GB)
         - Manufacturer (Western Digital)
         - Exact model # (WD Caviar Green)
      - Tuner Cards <http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Tuner_Card>
         - Quantity (1)
            - Manufacturer (KWorld)
            - Model (PlusTV HD PCI 115 (ATSC115))
            - Revision (not sure)
            - Encoder/Decode Firmware (not sure)
          - Software
      - Operating System
         - Kernel version (2.6.24.19-generic)
            - Source-built/RPM? (RPM)
         - Distribution & version (Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04, 64-bit)
            - Version numbers of strategic support packages
               - MySQL (Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.51a)
             - Tuner Card
<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Tuner_Card>driver
         - Complete version number (dvb-fe-nxt2004.fw)
         - Source (gzip -d get_dvb_firmware.gz)
         - Source-built/RPM? (RPM)
      - Applications
         - MythTV
            - Version number or CVS build date (0.21.20080304-1 16838)
            - Installed options
               - none
                - Other capture apps
            - xawtv 3.95.dfsg.1
            - Works

I followed the instructions on
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Kworld_ATSC_110 for downloading the
driver, but I am not sure if I installed the driver correctly.

When XawTV runs, it takes up about a quarter of the 1024 x 768 @ 85 Mhz
screen. When MythTV runs, it wants to take up the whole screen. I have tried
to make the viewing area smaller, thinking that it might be happier with
fewer lines to interpolate, but I can't seem to make it get to 720 x 480.

I'm brand new to MythTV so I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks.
-rajah9