[mythtv-users] Live TV freezes but recorded TV doesn't

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Fri Jul 25 14:24:12 UTC 2008

On one of my frontends (which is not a backend), if I try to watch live
TV, it almost always freezes. Typically, I can hear sound but see a
frozen picture, I can jump back or forth and get a different frozen picture.

However, if I record the same channel and then watch it in progress from
the recorded list, its fine. I'm seeing it virtually live, but without
the freezing.

I'm running the trunk now, but some variation of this with live vs
recorded/live has always been the case.

Any ideas why?