[mythtv-users] Forcing a local capture card for LiveTV

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jul 26 05:43:51 UTC 2008

On 07/25/2008 10:07 AM, Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 25/07/2008, David Raine wrote:
>
>> I have a master backend and 3 slave backends. The slave backends all
>>  have frontends, too.
>>
>>  The master backend does the grunt work of recording shows, scheduling,
>>  listings, etc, but I would like the frontends to use their /local/
>>  card for LiveTV, so that the master backend is not burdened with that.
>>
>>  Is there any way I can set this up? I've looke at recording/channel
>>  priorities, but don't see any way to set a priority for LiveTV.
>>

> This is what normally happens (or used to - my slave backend is down
> whilst we redecorate) - a local capture card is preferred over a
> remote one for LiveTV.

Nick's exactly right.  This is what happens /normally/.  However, when
running in a not-normal configuration, it doesn't happen.

In other words, disable:

Avoid conflicts between live TV and scheduled shows
If enabled, live TV will choose a tuner card that is less likely to have
scheduled recordings rather than the best card available.

to get the behavior you desire.  You should be able to see why it's
impossible to have both.

Mike