[mythtv-users] EIT Freesat Data, what should I get ?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 08:39:22 UTC 2008

2008/7/23 Paul <thannet at gmail.com>:
> Ok, I know this will probably sound dumb, but I think I have just about
> got my head round sat listings.
>
> Anyway, problem I have is certain channels have no EIT data, now either
> there is none for that channel (Would that be because they are part of
> sky and not freesat?) or I have something wrong with my backend server.
> Channels in question are :- Nuts TV, CNN,E4+1,More4, More4+1,Film4
> +1,Zone Horror,Zone Horror+1,Motors,Film24

Will need to check later on my FreeSat backend, but I remember seeing
7 day listings for Zone Horror at least.

> If I assume that no listings are available, then should I use the RT
> grabber? And where can I find a list of what is actually available on
> the grabber before I start messing things up.

Run the  grabber as:

# tv_grab_uk_rt --list-channels

This will output an XML list of channels supported by the grabber,
without creating a configuration file. Running the latest stable
release (0.5.52) is strongly advised.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: