[mythtv-users] Nova-t 500 1GigHz CPU?

mat mat at lessermatters.co.uk
Tue Jul 22 21:58:58 UTC 2008

Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 22/07/2008, mat <mat at lessermatters.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>  Right, now one other problem - I really want to move my old recording
>>  data AND my games setup data from my old 0.20 DB to this one????
>>

> The best way of achieving this is to export your old database and
> import it into your new backend/mysql system /before/ running
> mythtv-setup for the first time on the new system, as this updates the
> new database to the most current version but keeps the old data
> intact.
>
> It may well be possible to import the data manually from an older
> version of the database on a piecemeal basis, but this requires
> checking the fields in the oldrecorded/gamemetadata tables and making
> sure that the data in the old DB (you don't specify whether you have a
> backup of the entire database or just the old recording and games
> data) is compatible with the new database schema.

I have the entire DB still on my livingroom PC.

"/before/ running mythtv-setup for the first time "

Well, I've already got my new system setup and working. I guess it's no
biggie to trash it all and start again.
I would prefer to just move over the recordings table and games though.
So, I guess it's look at each column and copy it over! oh no, that
sounds like a nightmare.

Seeing as I want to update my living room machine to 0.21 (as it will
now connect to my garage), can I not 'upgrade' my old DB 'in situe' then
copy it over to my new machine, then finally point my livingroom machine
at the copy in the garage? Phew - this complex - is life too short? Hell
no, I love this stuff!