[mythtv-users] USB Harddrives

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 12:24:08 UTC 2008

On 7/22/08, James Stembridge <jstembridge at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a 500gb WD My Book drive that spins down after about 10
> minutes. I don't have any problems with this though, when the drive is
> accessed it just spins back up again.

I just didn't like the delay waiting for it to spin up (during which
the Watch Recordings screen was "hung," if I recall correctly), and I
was worried it could lead to dropping the beginning of recordings.
That's pretty much the only reason I added my "touch" script... I
should try disabling that and see if it actually does cause any
problems. Best to do it during the summer when nothing overly
important is being recorded... :)

--
aaron

"Oh oh oh. I'm incoherent with excitement. Please tell me what fascinating
bit of badger-sputumly inconsequential trivia you will assail me with next."
        -- Arthur Dent