[mythtv-users] Basic setup problems (XvMC, Lirc, EIT)

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 10:15:49 UTC 2008

2008/7/22  <anzi at dnainternet.net>:
> Hello,
>
> Comments  on part 3.
>
> I didn't also get EIT working but managed to get XMLTV
> working. Problem with XMLTV is that it generates new rows
> to channel table and don't update the old channels (if
> correct chan_id is given in xmltv setup, I don't what is
> is opposed outcome but that it what does now). I manually
> edited the database so that it correct xmltvid's are in
> correct row/channels. This way I got the xmltv work.
>
> I would also like to here what to do to get EIT to work..

If you use the channel scanner in MythTV, and enable EIT on the video
source you configure for your DVB-T input, the EIT EPG should be
gathered automatically. If it isn't, use the channel editor and ensure
that 'Use on-air guide' is enabled for your DVB-T channels.

If you enable active EIT collection in mythtv-setup when configuring
the DVB capture card, the EIT scanner will also scan for listings data
when it is idle, but this /may/ result in gradually increasing memory
usage for mythbackend (there is a related thread on this possible
issue).

The current situation with matching up XMLTV data/IDs with DVB
channels still requires manual updating of DVB channel entries, but
this should be improved in the near future.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/