[mythtv-users] Mythdora 4 Frontend Database Woes / Network Lag

Jonathan Seawright opustormy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 03:01:27 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 9:38 PM, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com>
wrote:

> On Jul 21, 2008, at 7:31 PM, Brian Wood wrote:
>
> > On Monday 21 July 2008 19:54:39 Jonathan Seawright wrote:
> >
> >> Okay, What is the best way to allow access to the video?
> >> Myth on my frontend would complain about not being able to find the
> >> videos,
> >> so I mounted the directory as /storage like it is on the main
> >> mythtv box. I
> >> get the feeling that sharing video is a setting somewhere in the
> >> setup?
> >
> > If you really need to mount them NFS is better than samba.
> >
> > Your subject mentions MD4, I assume you are aware that MythDora 5
> > has been
> > released.
>
> I'd have to know more about the "not able to find the videos" problem.
> Actually, I assumed you were talking about recorded programs and not
> videos. If you are talking about MythVideo then you're doing it right,
> but need to fix your Samba settings to something reasonable for
> sending single large files (the default is for lots of small files).

I'm talking about plain ol' recorded programs. When I attempt to watch one
without mounting  the samba share, it tells me that the video file cannot be
found.
I do believe that this is becuase it is looking on it's own drive and not on
the master server... so to fix this (probably a little bit of a patch more
than anything else?), I simply mounted the /storage share at the point where
it has been looking for the videos, so it accesses them via samba.

I actually recall watching mythtv on my linux box without having to do funky
networking mounting... it SHOULD work without it correct?
I get the feeling that it is a setting that carried over from the main box
(because their configurations were shared previously)