[mythtv-users] Horizontal seam in picture - contradicting EDID

EJS ejshoor at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 21 16:36:16 UTC 2008

> The best solution found so far for me and others is as follows:
>
>   Enable the "UseEvents" option in the X server.
>
>   Enable all "Sync to VBlank" options in nvidia-settings.
>
>   Use RTC frame timing in Myth.
>
> This will result in an occasional skipped or doubled frame due to the
> RTC timing not being exactly in sync with the VBI but there shouldn't
> be any tearing.

Just wanted to confirm that the "UseEvents" and "Sync to VBlank" suggestions have resolved the problem. I didn't make it as far as trying the RTC timing.

Thanks again for the help - especially for the definition of "tearing". (Google only helps when you know what you're looking for.)

BTW - I also thought that it was worth mentioning that the quality of the picture over the HDMI cable was noticeably better than over the D-Sub.

-J