[mythtv-users] Upgrading Fedora 8 to 2.6.25.x kernel with IVTV

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Fri Jul 18 19:58:23 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 03:49:51PM -0400, Christopher X. Candreva alleged:

> I am remembering posts on this, but couldn't find a specific resolution in
> the archives.
>
> I haven't upgraded my Fedora 8 backend with a winpvr 500 to the 2.6.25 yet
> because of the missing ivtv kernel module package. I have just confirmed my
> memory that there isn't one any longer because the driver is now included.
>
> If I do a 'yum update', yum wants to remove both the ivtv and ivtv-kmdl
> packages. Can any other Fedora 8 user confirm that this does in fact work ?
> Did you have to do anything to have the new module loaded ?

I can confirm this for fedora 9 (currently 2.6.25.9).  My PVR350 and PVR150
work fine with the in-kernel ivtv modules.  Of course, the userspace utils are
missing, but they aren't really needed.

I mentioned the lack of available userspace utils on the atrpms list, but noone
responded *shrug*

University of Southern California