[mythtv-users] Upgrading Fedora 8 to 2.6.25.x kernel with IVTV

John Welch jrw3319 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 20:19:36 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 3:49 PM, Christopher X. Candreva
<chris at westnet.com> wrote:

> I am remembering posts on this, but couldn't find a specific resolution in
> the archives.
>
> I haven't upgraded my Fedora 8 backend with a winpvr 500 to the 2.6.25 yet
> because of the missing ivtv kernel module package. I have just confirmed my
> memory that there isn't one any longer because the driver is now included.
>
> If I do a 'yum update', yum wants to remove both the ivtv and ivtv-kmdl
> packages. Can any other Fedora 8 user confirm that this does in fact work ?
> Did you have to do anything to have the new module loaded ?

I can confirm that I have a PVR-150 working with the 2.6.25 kernel,
and without the ivtv kernel module package, under Fedora 8.  I did not
have to do anything to have the new module loaded.  The only "gotcha"
on my system was that I also have a HD-3000 tuner card in my system.
Prior to the upgrade the PVR-150 came up as /dev/video0 and the
HD-3000 came up as /dev/video1; after the upgrade it was reversed.  I
know there are ways to control this behavior, but I just changed the
setting in Myth and all was good.

HTH,
John