[mythtv-users] MythTV and BitTorrent?

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Fri Jul 18 17:55:01 UTC 2008

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 11:20:27 -0500 (CDT), Jeff Walther wrote
> Bit torrent has a much higher emotional index for those who want to own
> all content all the time.
>
> The second thing to realize is that anyone with a few idle attack lawyers
> could shut down MythTV any time they decide to.

Not to mention that, when this topic gets discussed, sooner or later someone
has the bright idea that MythTV should automatically seed torrents so we can
all download each others' recordings.  Which raises all kinds of red flags.
My understanding is that's why it was originally banned.