[mythtv-users] MythTV and BitTorrent?

Will will at st0rage.org
Fri Jul 18 14:56:47 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-07-18 at 10:43 -0400, Phil Bridges wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 10:39 AM, Will <will at st0rage.org> wrote:

> >> Don't know about IRC, and, frankly, don't really care.
> >>
> >> I believe that Dewey cut-and-pasted a bit from Nov '06 - the first
> >> message you responded to - that you seemed to ignore.  It shouldn't
> >> have been to difficult to find the rest of that discussion, no?
> >
> > I don't see why we can't have a discussion about this without being interrupted by "This was brought up 2 years ago, nothing has or ever will change!".
> >
> > But that's my bad; I thought this list was for MythTV users to discuss things in.
> >

> I don't see why people that have been told that the list owner doesn't
> want particular topics discussed on the mailing list would rather
> attempt to debate the validity of said request on the mailing list
> than email the list owner directly.
>
> The sarcasm-laden post will really help your position, though.

Well, since he isn't here and there were other people discussing it I
didn't see a reason to stop talking and wait a few days for (maybe) a
reply.

Sorry, I have the tendency to get sarcastic when I get tired and
annoyed. :) Time for bed, I guess.

Just want to say that I really like MythTV. I use it daily, and think
it's a great project (the reason I subscribed to this list, after all).
It's amazing how much more usable it is now than a year ago.

I'm just a bit put-off at the idea of the leader of a project deciding
something and not allowing discussion. I've never been involved with an
open source project before, so I have no idea if this is the norm or
not. :) I was expecting a more open forum on this mailing list, although
I can understand some frustration if this issue gets raised a lot
(google didn't show anything besides the one thread, but I'm sure there
have been others).

Sorry if I broke some rules; call in the ban hammer if you want.

Thanks for the lively discussion; it was nice talking to you.

-Will