[mythtv-users] MythTV and BitTorrent?

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Fri Jul 18 14:37:19 UTC 2008

> So the owner of the mailing list also presides over IRC? Same reaction.

 Ok, lets clear this up.  It's not just Isaacs feelings on the subject, so
lets not make him out to be some sort of lone villian out to repress you.

Many of the devs feel they do not want it, the reasons are frankly irrelevant.

AS for #mythtv, yes the devs do have control over that channel, and as for
#mythtv-users yes, the devs run that channel as well and most of the
nondevs who sit there and help also do not want any legally questionable
stuff in there. That includes torrents, Satellite signal decryption and
so on.

You are free to discuss it in any other location you wish. Start a blog
start a forumn, start your own IRC channel, find a streetcorner and a soap box.

 Yeah yeah, you can (and I'm sure many do) download free/legit music and
videos. I even download the latest versions of my distros releases via
bitorrent but we all know the reality of it, a huge amount of it is not so
free. And if the majority of the US based devs don't feel like having
pointless lawsuits and legal expenses you don't have to agree with it.