[mythtv-users] MythTV and BitTorrent?

Will will at st0rage.org
Fri Jul 18 08:00:44 UTC 2008

My understanding of reality was that playing (and ripping) encrypted
DVDs in linux with things such as libdvdcss is illegal in the US,
whereas bittorrent use is not.

A 'Rip DVD' option might make people see MythTV in a more negative light
than a built-in bittorrent downloading client.

It looks like bittorrent is becoming popular for people to distribute
their own works to interested parties. Like the BBC for instance.
http://www.boingboing.net/2006/12/20/bbc-will-use-bittorr.html

No one will stop you, they will just ignore you and your contributions
will not be allowed into the final project. Oh, and no talking about
it! :)

That seems messed up, to me.

-Will