[mythtv-users] HDTV single-station for living room: Hardware buying list

Peter VanDerWal peter at vanderwal.us
Thu Jul 17 09:16:09 UTC 2008

> And here follows my shopping list:
>
> - HT PC case Silverstone Lascala SST-LC16B-MR
> - Asus M3N-H/HDMI 750a AM2+ => nVidia GeForce 8300-based chipset
> - Scythe Slip Stream 500rpm 120 mm fans
> - KNC ONE TV-Station DVB-S2
> - AMD Athlon64 4850e boxed AM2 2x 2.50GHz
> - 2048MB DDR2RAM OCZ Rev.2 PC800 Platinum XTC Kit
> - Logitech Cordless Desktop Gorilla Laser OEM
> - 250GB 3,5" Samsung SpinPoint HD250HJ SATA2 7200rpm 8MB
> - Enermax EG365AXVE(G)FMA power supply
> - CPU Cooler Master GeminII 6-Pipe
> - Blu-ray drive LG GGW-H20L SATA

Have you considered the Antec Fusion case?  It's considerably cheaper than
the silverstone, and already includes two 120mm case fans and a 430 Watt
powersupply.
I also like the Scythe Ninja Mini CPU Cooler, it's practically designed to
fit inside the Antec case and it's possible to run it without a fan (on my
board it sits right next to the case fans)
If you listen closely, you can hear my system from maybe 1 meter away.

If you're planning on ripping and storing videos on the box, you'll want a
HDD that is considerably larger than 250GB

I have 1.3TB and I need to add another drive.