[mythtv-users] Tv Sound Trouble

fb517255 at skynet.be fb517255 at skynet.be
Wed Jul 16 18:23:35 UTC 2008

I just reinstalled my mythbox with a fresh install of Mythbuntu and I
got some problems with the sound. All sounds are working except when
watching television. If I watch television with TvTime It works without
problems.

I also noticed that TvTime is un-muting line-in as soon as it starts and
re-mutes it after close.

How can I tell mythtv to un-mute my line-in when starting to watch
television and re-mute it when I quit?

I already tried with all combinations of mixer settings but no luck.

PS: If I manually un-mute line-in (with alsa mixer-gui) and start
mythtv: sound works but I still get the sound of the tv when I quit
mythtv.

My Hardware:
Asus P4-P800-E with WinTV-Go card (connected with external cable to
sound-in).
OS=Mythbuntu (Ubuntu 8.04)