[mythtv-users] Transcoding while preserving AC-3

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Wed Jul 16 18:10:08 UTC 2008

I'm using a version of trunk from before the Qt4 work started. I have
AC-3 passthrough enabled. If I'm watching live TV or a recording that
has not been transcoded, it plays back in full 5.1 audio (when
available). But once the same recording has been transcoded, it plays
back in Pro Logic.

I have tried setting the audio quality to lossless in my transcoding
profile, but get the same results. Any ideas?