[mythtv-users] Fwd: Can't see thumbnails in mythweb for recordingsof CIFS share

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 17:42:41 UTC 2008

Thanks to a lot of help from Shawn, I have finally got my Windows XP
box acting as a NFS server to share files with my mythbox.
Previously, I shared via CIFS, but when I added a directory from that
share to my storage directories, CIFS shares won't properly display
thumbnails in mythweb.  After I followed the below instructions,
(sharing the exact same directory via NFS as I had with CIFS), I
changed my mountpoints in /etc/fstab to make /win2 (previously the
CIFS share) my new NFS share.  Everything worked fine (including the
music, videos, and recordings that were all on that drive).  I deleted
all the png files and let myth regenerate them, and now I have
thumbnails.

For posterity, here are Shawn's detailed, and excellent instructions.
The key is adding "mythtv" and "root" users to my windows box and
giving them the exact passwords those uses have on the mythbox.