[mythtv-users] SD/HD Recording Priority Setup

David Engel david at istwok.net
Wed Jul 16 15:21:13 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 01:41:55PM +1000, Greg Newton wrote:
> 2008/7/16 David Engel <david at istwok.net>:
> >
> > Utilities/Setup > Setup > TV Settings > Recording Priorities > Custom Priority
> >

> I used:
>
> Utilities/Setup > Setup > TV Settings > Recording Priorities > Set
> Recording Priorities / HDTV Recording Priority = 2
>
> which was easier for this bear of little brain. This works beautifully

Ah, I thought Bruce had removed that when he added the custom
priorities so I didn't even look for it.  Yes, that is easier in this
specific case.

> >> So what I've done is set up a +1 priority for all SD
> >> channels and a Global +2 HDTV Priority, so SD will be
> >> recorded by default unless the programme is flagged true HD.
> >> Seems to work fine so far.
> >>
> >> Is this the correct way to do this sort of setup?
> >
> >Yes, that's a reasonable way to do it.  I used to do the same thing
> >but I lowered the HD channels to -1 instead of raising the SD channels
> >to +1.
>
> It seems this is the opposite of what jedi was seeking (raising the
> priority of HD channels if I read it correctly).

No, I believe the end result is the same.  The absolute priorities
change but the relative differences, which is what matters, is the
same.

                                  Jedi         David
HD program on HD channel           +2            +1
Any program on SD channel          +1             0
SD program on HD channel            0            -1

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net