[mythtv-users] SD/HD Recording Priority Setup

Greg Newton greg.newton at exemail.com.au
Wed Jul 16 03:41:55 UTC 2008

2008/7/16 David Engel <david at istwok.net>:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 12:26:50PM -0500, jedi wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 10:37:11PM +1000, Greg Newton wrote:
>> > OK - you got me. Where do you do the "Global HDTV +2" bit?
>
> Utilities/Setup > Setup > TV Settings > Recording Priorities > Custom Priority

I used:

Utilities/Setup > Setup > TV Settings > Recording Priorities > Set
Recording Priorities / HDTV Recording Priority = 2

which was easier for this bear of little brain. This works beautifully
- HD channels will not be recorded when the program is "simulcast" on
an SD channel, unless the content is flagged as HDTV. As originally
noted by Lindsay and David:

>> So what I've done is set up a +1 priority for all SD
>> channels and a Global +2 HDTV Priority, so SD will be
>> recorded by default unless the programme is flagged true HD.
>> Seems to work fine so far.
>>
>> Is this the correct way to do this sort of setup?
>
>Yes, that's a reasonable way to do it.  I used to do the same thing
>but I lowered the HD channels to -1 instead of raising the SD channels
>to +1.

It seems this is the opposite of what jedi was seeking (raising the
priority of HD channels if I read it correctly).

Curiously for some programs without episode information, I have to
change from "Episode + Description" to "Episode then Description" to
correctly identify duplicates. I am struggling to see what the
difference could be.

Cheers
Greg |;^)