[mythtv-users] how to add Play DVD to main menu?

Paul mylists at wilsononline.id.au
Wed Jul 16 10:55:04 UTC 2008

On 16/07/2008 7:59 PM, Paul wrote:
> Is it now possible to directly invoke the Play DVD or List Videos from
> Main menu?
> and / or Will it be possible with the NEW UI?
>
> I've created a new Menu XML file and added the following :
>
> <button>
>     <type>VIDEO_LIST</type>
>     <text>Video List</text>
>     <action>LISTING</action>
>   </button>
>
>   <button>
>      <type>DVD_PLAY</type>
>      <text>Play DVD</text>
>      <action>DVD_PLAY</action>
>   </button>
> but it doesnt work Do I need to add some other TAG?
>

> I read in the Wiki :
> "Sometimes there is an action that is desired, but not quite possible.
> For example, one cannot call mythdvd to do the action DVD_PLAY from the
> main menu. "
>
> Thanks
> Paul

Actually just found this in the Me-Po menu

         <button>
                 <type>JUMP_MYTHVIDEO</type>
                 <text>Watch Videos</text>
                   <action>JUMP MythVideo</action>
                 <depends>mythvideo</depends>
         </button>
         <button>
                 <type>JUMP_PLAY_DVD</type>
                 <text>Play DVD</text>
                 <action>JUMP Play DVD</action>
                 <depends>mythvideo</depends>
         </button>

which works like a charm..
I've updated the Wiki with this example.

Paul