[mythtv-users] roku 360

Dean Harding dean.harding at dload.com.au
Wed Jul 16 01:26:12 UTC 2008

Edward Goodnow wrote:
> seems to me that the SDK is already there or nearly done. and that
> Netflix is doing all they can to make deployment of 3rd party streaming
> solutions a rather trivial matter. All of this leads me to believe that
> not only is a Myth plugin feasible but that they would actually
> encourage such development

I highly doubt it. As we pointed out before, the movies that Netflix
stream are DRM-encrypted. And while it's possible for Netflix to enter
into NDA contracts with companies such as LG or Microsoft, they cannot
enter into such a contract with the MythTV developers.

That means the decryption keys for Netflix movies will never be
available to the MythTV developers and that even if an SDK was available
to them, they'd never be able to use it without those keys.

Dean.