[mythtv-users] Record to "MPEG-2 SVCD-compatible Stream" with Hauppauge PVR USB2

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Jul 14 14:25:07 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 03:44:40PM -0000, Peter VanDerWal wrote:
> I'm a little confused.  You say you want to record a recording that you
> already have?
> I would think that transcoding it would be better than converting it to
> analog and then recording the analog, at least I think that's what you are
> suggesting.

No, his question is actually, so far as I can determine, "how do I
configure my recording parameters for the Hauppauge card so as to get
SVCD compliant MPEG files out of it".

I don't know the answer, that just seems to me to be the question.  :-)

MPEG1 seems required, though, if I remember my SVCD...

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.
	       -- (Josef Stalin)