[mythtv-users] Any way to set default tuner/source?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 10:21:18 UTC 2008

2008/7/14 Steve Curtis <scurtis at fixation.net>:

> I'd therefore like to make my DVB-T (Freeview) source/tuner the default
> source/tuner - except I can't seem to find anything to do this?  Any
> thoughts?

Delete your Input Connections in mythtv-setup (not your capture cards
or videosources), and then recreate them, configuring the input you
want to be used first for LiveTV last. So, if you want the DVB-S input
to be used last for LiveTV, configure that input first, and then add
your DVB-T tuner afterwards.

Don't forget you may also want to look into using udev to ensure your
DVB devices are consistently numbered across reboots, if you haven't
already looked into this.

Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
MythTV users list archive: