[mythtv-users] Help installing HDHomerun - HDHR Error - Network is unreachable after reboot

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Sat Jul 12 15:26:23 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 10:18:15PM -0400, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> Alen Edwards wrote:
> > Thanks for the reply. That is basically what I have been doing, I think
> > 5 or 6 times now.
> >
> > Just to make sure, I just tried it again.  This time I was able to
> > install all 4 tuners (HDHR + 2 air2pc)and everything worked fine until I
> > rebooted the computer.  Now, both HDHR tuners show Not Available.
> >
> > I looked at the mythbackend.log and found this:
> >
> > HDHRChan(10137dc1/0), Error: Unable to send discovery request

                    eno: Network is unreachable (101)
[deletia]

> Sounds like you may have 2 problems. Firstly your network may not be
> coming up properly. You might try putting a script into /etc/rc.local
> containing a 'ifup eth0', followed by a 'service network restart'
> (Fedora style: or /etc/init.d/network restart) to ensure the network is up.
>
> Secondly, it seems that myth does not like a unit using a dynamic IP
> address. The HDHR *will* take a static address (it's in the forum

Hmmm... I haven't run into this problem yet. I would expect that Myth
is accessing the homerun but "serial number" as that's what you enter
in the configuration for it. Perhaps I've just been "lucky" and my
dynamic IP's don't change so much...

[deletia]

I don't think I have done any extra configuration of the homerun itself
so far...