[mythtv-users] MythTV and ATT's Uverse

Tony Brummett brummett at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 21:29:54 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 3:56 PM, Eric Holt (MythTV)
<eric-mythtv at skoozdag.com> wrote:
> What I did was set a manual recording for every 4 hours, for just a
> single minute, with a low priority so that if something "real" needed to
> record, it would always do so.

I don't know if you actually looked at the script I posted, but
there's some notes at the top about all the easier methods I'd tried
before this one.  Basically I'd had a cron job go off every 2 hours
that would see if the tuner was idle, and if so, do something like
change the channel or toggle the power.  And the boxes were still off
first thing in the morning.

So, I guess I was already trying that same kind of thing.

The new script has only made 2 mistakes in the last 5 days, so I guess
I'm getting close.

Thanks for responding, though.
-- Tony  brummett at gmail.com