[mythtv-users] MythTV and ATT's Uverse

Eric Holt (MythTV) eric-mythtv at skoozdag.com
Wed Jul 9 20:56:01 UTC 2008

Tony Brummett wrote:
> It's been a while since I've seen it mentioned, so I thought I'd check
> again.  Is anyone else using MythTV with Uverse?
>
> We've had it for a couple weeks now, and the main issue I've been
> fighting with is that the STBs will go into some kind of screen saver
> mode if it thinks the tuner is idle, and you have to send a power
> button keypress through the IR blaster to wake it up before changing
> channels.  The hard part is that this screen saver isn't just a black
> screen, so I couldn't just use the blank-screen detection method using
> jp2a that was mentioned here a while ago.

Tony:

I dont have U-Verse anymore (just moved, cant get it yet at the new
location), but when we still had it I also started experiencing the
issue with the STB going into sleep mode.

What I did was set a manual recording for every 4 hours, for just a
single minute, with a low priority so that if something "real" needed to
record, it would always do so.

That fixed my issue.  It keeps the STB constantly "awake" so it never
goes to sleep, and I never missed any recordings after AT&T made the change.

Best of luck...
--Eric