[mythtv-users] MythWEB stuck in "phone mode"

Andrew Ingram adingram at clara.co.uk
Wed Jul 9 20:14:05 UTC 2008

> Yeah, IIRC, it was fixed after 0.21 release in 0.21-fixes (and the
> web-based access may have been incorporated after the release).  So, if
> you have the release version, your README had the old RESET_THEME that
> you tried to use rather than RESET_TMPL .
>
> BTW, you should really be running 0.21-fixes rather than the tarball
> release as there are a /lot/ of bugs that have been fixed in -fixes...
> The stable version mentioned at http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ also as
> described in the HOWTO (
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-5.html#ss5.4 ).
>
> Mike

You're right, I should upgrade to 0.21-fixes, but I'm actually holding out
as I'm hoping to build a new Myth box soon. Mine is getting on for 5 years
now (originally installed v0.8) and I want to get into the "HD age". New
CPU/gfx cards are much needed, plus I'm not too happy about using Debian
unstable, I think Ubuntu will suit me much better.

Andrew