[mythtv-users] Distorted sound on TNT, Game Show Network

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 03:26:06 UTC 2008

I've noticed that when playing back (at least some) shows recorded from TNT
(e.g. Law & Order, Cold Case) and Game Show Network the sound is distorted,
sounding as if it's overmodulated.  I'm not sure how recently it started.
I'm recording using a PVR-500 via s-video + analog sound inputs.  Source is
verizon FIOS, digital tier of channels.  Recording from USA, another channel
in the same range yields normal sound.  It is going through the exact same
Myth input.  I'm using 0.21-fixes.

I've tried messing around with the configuration settings on the General
sound page.  I tried changing the dsp, AC3 passthrough, aggressive sound
buffering, and a couple of other settings, but nothing seems to affect the
problem (although, of course, certain settings cause me to get no sound at
all).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jerry