[mythtv-users] Getting locked into channels that have closed for the day.

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 00:27:53 UTC 2008

2008/7/8 Damian <damian at gingermagic.co.uk>:
> Hello all,
>
> I have an annoying problem at the moment. I set Myth to record a couple
> of kids programs every day on a childrens channel that ends quite early.
> When we want to go to live tv in the evening, the system tries to go to
> this closed channel (because it was the last channel used I assume) and
> then we have to fight to change channel away from it. I usually just get
> an error message saying video failed to render then I'm back at the menu
> screen. I usually have to exit and re-enter Myth a few times before I
> can change over to a safe/active channel.
>
> Is there any fix for this or can I tell the system to always start with
> channel 1 regardless of what channel was last used?

If this is happening on Freeview, you should enable Interactive TV via
TV settings. This should enable the display of the 'offline channel'
information page broadcast via EIT and allow you to tune to another
channel without the 'failure to tune' messages.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/