[mythtv-users] A Source for Precompiled builds of the trunk

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Jul 8 17:23:28 UTC 2008

On Jul 8, 2008, at 10:19 AM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:

> Basically, unless you're willing to invest the time to follow the
> development process, you shouldn't be using a development version of
> the software. Wait until it's released. Better yet - wait until a
> month after it's been released so the general users find all the
> missed issues for you and they get fixed. :)

Almost forgot - never run trunk on a production system (one you rely
on for watching TV). Entires features might break for a while and
you'll never know because you're not reading the -dev lists. I'm
thinking back when LiveTV was completely (intentionally) broken for
about a week or so while it was getting a major upgrade and people
started freaking out and filing bug reports even though everyone was
warned on the -dev list that it was going to be broken. What a lot of
wasted time and emails to sort through.