[mythtv-users] Schedule title and description don't match

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jul 8 15:38:21 UTC 2008

On 07/08/2008 11:09 AM, Comments wrote:
> It's happening on several shows.  The descriptions are from entirely
> different shows.  Here's a few screenshots of mythweb showing the
> mismatched shows/titles and descriptions:
>
>     http://www.mecworks.com/~marc/mythtv_errors/

First, make sure you don't have both EIT (the "over the air guide") and
Schedules Direct providing data for any one channel--each channel should
get data only from one provider, EIT or SD.

Then, you should clear out all the garbage data in your DB.  The best
approach is the video source portion of
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 (so I
won't tell you that something like TRUNCATE TABLE program; TRUNCATE
TABLE programgenres; TRUNCATE TABLE programrating; would mostly
work--assuming your video sources aren't broken--just leaving a bit of
garbage that would probably eventually get cleaned up since I'm a big
fan of clean data and I haven't ruled out the possibility that video
source/input connections configuration is not the cause of the issue).

Then, restart the backend and re-run mythfilldatabase and wait for EIT
to populate the data and see if it's better.

Mike