[mythtv-users] `Mythbackend leaks memory` continued

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Sat Jul 5 04:54:25 UTC 2008

Nick Rout wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 12:33 AM, Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> Nick Rout wrote:
>>
>>> Also you have reached 40% mem without a crash, yet the QT crash
>>> occurred at about 20%, so it seems to me the two are likely unrelated.
>> I may have rebuilt the code in between. I most certainly did because of
>> my harddisk failure.
>> I did not imply any relation but just found it worth mentioning.
>
> Is there a particular reason that you are building it yourself, rather
> than using one of the pre-built distros?

Why use a distro?
I see no nice Fedora RPMs for my VIA C7 CPU.
When I build myself I can choose the options I need.

> If you did build it yourself twice, and there is a difference in
> behaviour, then can you identify the differences in your buiild
> environment?  (different library versions, different compiler version,
> etc.)

I upgrade the system regularly. (yum update ...)
Is that unwanted in this situation?
The only difference so far would be the Qt-related crash for which a fix
was mentioned.
The memory-related issue is fairly consistent to say the least.
I can of course make notes of the build system's components and/or dig
in teh logs to check the recent upgrades.

Are they a factor for the memory problem? How do we know?

Kind regards,
Udo