[mythtv-users] `Mythbackend leaks memory` continued

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 03:00:16 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 12:33 AM, Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Nick Rout wrote:
>
>> Also you have reached 40% mem without a crash, yet the QT crash
>> occurred at about 20%, so it seems to me the two are likely unrelated.
>
> I may have rebuilt the code in between. I most certainly did because of
> my harddisk failure.
> I did not imply any relation but just found it worth mentioning.

Is there a particular reason that you are building it yourself, rather
than using one of the pre-built distros?

If you did build it yourself twice, and there is a difference in
behaviour, then can you identify the differences in your buiild
environment?  (different library versions, different compiler version,
etc.)