[mythtv-users] Xbox keyboard adaptor

John Veness John.Veness.myth at pelago.org.uk
Fri Jul 4 22:27:15 UTC 2008

Piers Kittel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I recently obtained an Xbox and after a long painful effort, I finally
> cracked the Xbox and loaded Xebian.  I've installed Xebian but haven't
> booted the Xbox from the hard drive yet, let alone install MythTV on
> it.  When I was playing with Xebian running directly from CD, I found
> that the keyboard adaptor I brought doesn't work.  Do anyone know how
> to get this to work, and if not, what should I get so I'm able to use
> a PC keyboard?  I never use remote controls with MythTV, preferring
> keyboards.  The Xbox I have, has a DVD module, but not the remote
> control.
>
> This is the adaptor I got:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=310043990154&ssPageName=STRK:MEAFB:IT
>
> Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong, and what can I do to fix
> this problem please?

As others are pointed out, you need to make a simple USB adapter (just
solder some leads together).

But if you are interested: the adapter you bought is for using a
keyboard and mouse for FPS games. It converts mouse movements and WSAD
keys to left and right joystick movements. In other words, it isn't any
good for typing! Still, might be useful to someone.

Cheers,

John

--
John Veness, MythTV user, UK, DVB-T