[mythtv-users] EPG time data in germany - about 3 minutes at the end of each recording is lost

Thorsten Barth Thorsten.Barth at gmx.net
Fri Jul 4 05:34:42 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am using MythTV with DVB-S in germany (Astra 19.2E).

But whatever I record, I am losing about 2-3 minutes of the end of each
broadcast unless I tell MythTV to add some minutes to the end. But this
is annoying and I am having trouble if I want to record multiple shows
directly after each other, even if on the same channel.

Is the EPG data not accurate? The clock in the PC is synchronized with
an internet time server...

Once, in analogue TV, there was a technique that transmitted a code as
soon as a movie started... I think it was called VPS?! Is it really the
case that today one must rely on time instead of having a live-signal
that can tell mythTv how long the recording has to be? I consider this
stone-age... Or did I miss something essential?

Kind Regards
Thorsten