[mythtv-users] ffwd & skipping jumps all the way to the end of recordings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jul 2 18:25:57 UTC 2008

On 07/01/2008 10:10 AM, Jonno wrote:
> Then I tried to run mythcommflag on a recently recorded tv show and it
> seems to hang at "Finding Logo". Any idea why that is? If it's related
> to the logo for the tv station I don't generally have those (I use OTA
> broadcast digital tv and schedules direct).

It's not hanging, that just takes a long time (possibly a /really,
really/ long time, depending on video resolution/CODEC/bitrate and CPU
and other resources.

It takes almost 2:1 to commflag my HDTV (MPEG-2) recordings on my Athlon
XP 2400+ (i.e. it takes about 2 hours to flag a 1-hour recording).

Mike