[mythtv-users] Xbox keyboard adaptor

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 17:00:42 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Piers Kittel <mailing at biased.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I recently obtained an Xbox and after a long painful effort, I finally
> cracked the Xbox and loaded Xebian.  I've installed Xebian but haven't
> booted the Xbox from the hard drive yet, let alone install MythTV on
> it.  When I was playing with Xebian running directly from CD, I found
> that the keyboard adaptor I brought doesn't work.  Do anyone know how
> to get this to work, and if not, what should I get so I'm able to use
> a PC keyboard?  I never use remote controls with MythTV, preferring
> keyboards.  The Xbox I have, has a DVD module, but not the remote
> control.
>
> This is the adaptor I got:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=310043990154&ssPageName=STRK:MEAFB:IT
>
> Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong, and what can I do to fix
> this problem please?
>
> Thanks very much for your time in advance!

I wouldn't trust a device like this.  The XBOX ports are simply USB
ports with different connectors.  You can get a XBOX-to-USB adapter
very easily and just use a USB keyboard and USB mouse.

Make your own:
http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Mods/xbox_controller_to_pc_usb.htm

Buy one (google search):
http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q=XBOX%20to%20USB%20adaptor