[mythtv-users] ffwd & skipping jumps all the way to the end of recordings

Jonno jonnojohnson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 23:33:15 UTC 2008

Well never mind. Apparently one of the mysqlcheck commands must have
fixed everything. I'm happily back to skipping right through
commercials :-)

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 6:19 PM, Jonno <jonnojohnson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok I've tried:
> optimize_mythdb.pl - no errors
> mysqlcheck --auto-repair -A -u mythtv -pmysqlpass - no errors
> mysqlcheck -r -u mythtv -pmysqlpass mythconverg - no errors
>
> I'd like to run the myisamchk but I can't figure out how to run Ian's
> instructions.
> I also found this article, http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Setting_up_MythTV
> which also suggests myisamchk by doing:
>  cd /var/lib/mysql/mythconverg
>  /etc/init.d/mythtv-backend stop
>  /etc/init.d/mysql stop
>  myisamchk *.MYI -r
> but here I run into the problem that I can't cd into that directory as
> I'm denied permission.
> Here are the permissions for that directory:
> drwx------ 2 mysql mysql    12288 2008-07-01 18:01 mythconverg
> Should I modify them or am I on the wrong track?
>
> On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 9:10 AM, Jonno <jonnojohnson at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Ok I got optimize_mythdb.pl to work by adding execute permissions to it for the user and adding the ./ to the command
>> It seemed to run ok. No obvious error messages.
>>
>> Then I tried to run mythcommflag on a recently recorded tv show and it seems to hang at "Finding Logo". Any idea why that is? If it's related to the logo for the tv station I don't generally have those (I use OTA broadcast digital tv and schedules direct).
>>
>> Also assuming I manage to get past the Finding Logo issue, is there a way to run mythcommflag on an entire directory of recordings (since they all seem messed up).
>>
>> I also tried looking for errors in the tables by using this command:
>> mysqlcheck -c -uroot -p mythconverg
>> but I always get an access denied message. I have tried changing resetting the mysql password but nothing seems to help.
>>
>> Any pointers on any of this stuff would be great.
>>
>> Jonno.

>>> more likely a problem with the path.
>>>
>>> either type the full path or, if you're already in the directory
>>>
>>> ./optimize_mythdb.pl
>>>
>>> that's not to say you won't get a permission problem :-)

"If a theory can't produce hypotheses, can't be tested, can't be
disproven, and can't make predictions, then it's not a theory and
certainly not science." by spisska on Slashdot, Monday April 21, 2008