[mythtv-users] Questions about Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212)

Steve Heistand steve at heistand.org
Tue Jul 1 17:35:44 UTC 2008

mine does not glow blue when its on or recording either.
its a rev-c2 also.
I keep my unit on all the time and record something every
few hours and no heat issues.
though the AC duct in the living room is right behind my
tv/mythtv machine/pvr/etc so that probably helps.

recording take no horsepower at all, its all reading a
data stream from the USB port and writting it directly
to disk. (ish). playback on the other hand does take power.
a core 2 duo > 2.5ghz and a newish video card is enough.
my tv is 720p only so my mythtv machine and satellite box
is set to only output at 720. trying to play the 1080
signal recorded from my stb is too much for my machine.
so I force the stb to output only 720. the hd-pvr auto
detects the resolution and records that, so I dont think
I could force it to down/up convert to 720.

but it works great with mythtv.
(with the svn trunk and the special v4l source that is)
I might get another one and hope that mythtv supports
multiple devices.

"Why is it so hot inside this handbasket?"
--
Steve Heistand
steve at heistand.org