[mythtv-users] Does this card do hardware mpeg2 encoding?

Justin The Cynical cynical at penguinness.org
Tue Jan 29 05:14:48 UTC 2008

Don Brett wrote:

> I think I'll pass on this card.  If it's not hardware encoding, I don't
> think I want it.  On the air2pc card, ebay seems to be sold out, so I'll
> have to keep an eye out.

Ebay not having any listings?  I could have sworn I just saw one today...

*search search*

Wow, I never thought I'd ever see the day were their wasn't one of those
cards up for sale.

Set up a favourite search or something, I'd be surprised if one or two
didn't show up soon.

> Actually, I have two MythTv boxes with Hauppage cards and they work
> great.  But when I do an upgrade, I want to do it on a third box, get it
> working, then swap out the entire box (my daughter freaks when I wreck
> her working Myth system).  That's the only reason I was considering the
> card.  Thanks for the advice,

Heh.  Sounds familiar.  My wife never understood why I built one, much
less kept trying to improve it.

This was some time ago.  Now, she grumps at me if I do any work or
attempt improvements because it might break it.

Funny how perceptions can change.  :-)