[mythtv-users] VFD on Antec Fusion 430

Jan mpr.list at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 28 12:20:58 UTC 2008

Hello mythtv-users

After the VFD on my Antec Fusion was initially working (as in "showing channel
and show name in live TV" or "showing name of a recorded show"), although most
likely failed at some point during usage, either freezing up or starting to
show garbage characters, it does not do anything else than show mojibake by
now.

I am running Mythbuntu 7.10 with lirc 0.8.2 and LCDproc 0.5.2 from the repo,
and my Hauppauge Nova-T 500's remote with its own receiver (at least until my
M$ MCE remote control arrives, I plan to dump both the Hauppauge remote and
the IR dongle then and use the case's receiver instead).
Those seem to be the latest stable releases of both, does anyone have a clue
how much might have changed/improved about the imon VFD in the meantime? Do
Dean Harding's patches help at all with the VFD or are those LCD-exclusive?
(Once the display works like it should, I would love to have the clock
displayed when the HTPC is powered down, as mentioned for the LCD patches.)

I suspect that the VFD's IR eye catches the signals send by the Hauppauge
remote which it does not understand and somewhat gets overloaded by that. The
VFD and the remote receiver are *one* device, right?
The pattern of jibberish sometimes changes synchronously with the remote
control being used (also when using the almost retired TV remote to change
volume).

Anyway, as there are probably quite a few Antec Fusion users on this list and
among them most likely also Mythbuntu users, I'd be happy to get some
pointers were to start looking how to get it right.

Rock on,
Jan

PS: By the way, I noticed that there are no entries
in /var/log/mythtv/mythfrontend for about a month. Does the frontend log
somewhere else?