[mythtv-users] Hauppauge Nova-TD usb stick IR sensor

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Mon Jan 28 12:02:28 UTC 2008

Whenever I press a button on the Hauppauge remote, a button-release
signal is automatically and instantly added no matter how long I hold
down the key.  This is annoying and not just because it made it
difficult to tune lirc with irrecord.  I just wonder at which
leve/component is this behaviour being imposed.

I know the remote isn't doing this - I've examined its signals using a
separate IR receiver on another machine.  The input-events utility shows
that the "key release" events are appearing immediately at that level,
at least, so I can rule out lirc as the culprit.

What I don't know is whether this behaviour is intrinsic to the stick's
sensor or is imposed somewhere in the dvb module stack.  Anybody here
have any insight?

I realise I would probably be better off asking this over on the
linux-dvb mailing list but I'm not subscribed there ;)

--
Bruce

The ice-caps are melting, tra-la-la-la.  All the world is drowning,
tra-la-la-la-la.  -- Tiny Tim.