[mythtv-users] Viktor's Bob deint patch for interlaced modelines

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 03:45:48 UTC 2008

On 28/01/2008, Mark Kendall <mark.kendall at gmail.com> wrote:

> Try the attached (against svn). This should give you a new CPU based
> 'Interlaced (2x)' deinterlacer option. Not tested extensively, and
> still needs some refinement, but appears to be working as expected.

Actually...

I just went back to basics as I was looking into why my patch didn't
get a sync 100% of the time. So I went back to bobdeint and it just
works - seemingly 100% of the time.

So the question is, why can't you use bobdeint with your modeline? I'm
guessing (because I've seen the same problem) that X is reporting a
slightly erroneous refresh rate (i.e. slightly too low) and hence bob
gets rejected.

A slightly cleaner way to do this would be to adapt a 2x onefield
filter - which would eliminate any osd flicker etc and might just
improve picture quality as there would be no bob adjustment or
scaling.

Ah. The never ending joy of tinkering with mythtv!

Mark