[mythtv-users] LiveTV aborts

Steve Hawkins steve at hawkinsfamily.orangehome.co.uk
Sun Jan 27 08:23:35 UTC 2008

Can anyone help, I have DVICO Fusion HDTV Dual Digital 4 card in my
mythtv setup, in general it works fine but intermittently LiveTV aborts
with no real error message. The length of time between failures varies,
it can go for hours without aborting. It does seem to indicate something
to do with the card because I have used other analogue cards with my
setup in Live TV without issue.

Scheduled recordings work fine, they never fail.

I have tried trapping errors from mythfrontend by starting it with -v
everything and redirecting to a log file, but it produces no additional
messages in the resulting log file.

Has anyone else experienced this with with Live TV, if so did you manage
to solve and if so how ?

Does anyone know how to get more diagnostic errors from Live TV to be
able to track down why it is failing.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks