[mythtv-users] Setting up DVB and Analog tuner

Mike H mike at mugwuffin.com
Sat Jan 26 17:51:49 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I've read through the HOWTOs and documentation on the mythtv site about
setting up tuner cards, but I'm struggling to set up my particular
configuration.

I have a dual tuner Nova-T 500 in one pci slot and a hauppauge wintv 150
in the other. I have set up a video source called UK for the first card,
and can watch tv on that without a problem, recording two shows at once
works fine.

I add another video source called "Analog", then add the other tuner
card with /dev/video0 as its input. I get it to scan for the channels on
that tuner and it finds them seemingly without a problem, and sets up
channels in the channel list. My ultimate aim here is to watch my old
VCR on the analog tuner.

However, if I try to watch the channels found when I did the scan on the
analog tuner, I get a black screen for about 30 seconds, then the
frontend goes back to the main menu. I can use other tv programs to
access /dev/video0.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong! Can anyone point me to a guide that
might help me, or do you have a similar setup and can tell me where I'm
going wrong?

Thanks!

Mike