[mythtv-users] Niggles with multirec

David Raine rainecc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 07:50:41 UTC 2008

On 22/01/2008, Steve Daniels <steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com> wrote:
> In Setup -> TV Settings -> General (At least on my machine)
>
> Is an option called "Avoid Conflicts between live TV and scheduled
> shows", select it.

I have had this and the "Allow LiveTV to move scheduled shows"
selected, but the behaviours remain.

> That should make it use the tuner that hasn't got any recordings on
> it, however as before, if both tuners have recordings in progress you
> are going to be limited to whatever is on the same mux as what one of
> them is recording.

Ah - so if all muxes are busy, then I can only watch LiveTV for
channels on the selected MUX. That explains why I sometimes get a
reduced list of channels in the OSD guide. It would be better if it
presented the FULL list of channels and switched mux'es "behind the
scenes", so to speak. It will be hard to get my partner to understand
the distinction, I think.

David