[mythtv-users] 1st tuner on Nova-t 500 can't tune

Henrik Beckman henrik.list at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 07:37:31 UTC 2008

mt2060 I2C read failed
mt2060 I2C write failed

Is a known issue with the Nova-T 500, there is ongoing work on the issue and
there has been a few patches the last weeks.
Bad reception and EIT scanning can provoke the problem, but with the latest
firmware the problem seems to occur only with bad reception.
Hopefully the latest patches will have this solved once and for all, people
are still testing this.

IIRC only the write fail is fatal, though someone on this list had a retry
patch for this.

One workaround is to have a script that monitors and restarts the backend
when this happens, might have to do more, my memory is bad.

Look at the wiki and the linux-dvb mailinglist for more info.

/Henrik